NM-01 SYSTEM FOR MEASURING THE NEUROPATHY OF THE BODY SURFACE SENSORY NERVE PATHWAYS
The NM-01 measurement and evaluation system non- invasively assesses the status of sensory nerve fibres on the surface of the body. This test provides a quantitative measure of the extent of neuropathic abnormalities in the fibres.
The current pulses emitted in 3 constant frequency ranges (5Hz, 250 Hz, 2000 Hz) selectively determine the state of each fiber. The monitoring of the condition during the measurement is supported by a comparison with the continuously displayed normal values.
Tests can be performed at the assistant level qualification. The online automatically evaluated data can be printed in medical report format.
The system has an independent Database Management Software to manage the primary waves and the evaluated data.
MEASURED AND EVALUATED PARAMETERS
- General features: The system is suitable for testing all sensory fibres using pulses of emitted sinusoidal current. The intensity of the emitted pulses can be varied between 0.01 and 9.99 mA. Three constant frequencies (thick myelin sheathless fibre 5Hz, thick myelin sheathed fibre 250Hz, thin myelin sheathed fibre 2000Hz) are tested with manually adjustable current. The software provides the current values in CPT accepted in clinical practice (1CPT = 0.01mA).
- Software supported instructions:
- Loading Test Algorithms required for Test-management
- Check sensors for open/short circuits. Place the velcro sensor on the selected body surface.
- Select the area to be examined based on a map.
- Instructions of the dialogs associated with the test steps.
- Presentation of the data obtained and evaluated from the steps of the test in relation to the validated Guideline score.